2022 Dog license requests due 4/1/2022 – send requests to Clerk/Treasurer
Register to Vote and Absentee Voting
Wisconsin residents who need to register to vote can now use MyVote.WI.gov to register online. Voters must be registered before they can request an absentee ballot.
8/9/2022 – Partisan Primary
11/8/2022 – General Election
BUILDING IN THE TOWN OF OTTER CREEK?
Zoning permits – contact Janet Riedel – Zoning Specialist – Dunn County Zoning – 715-231-6521, email@example.com
Building permit – contact: Fred Weber – Building Inspector – 715-556-0066, firstname.lastname@example.org
Town Land Use Permit – contact Bev Bernier – Town of Otter Creek Clerk Treasurer – 715-658-0131 after you have obtained zoning permits and building permits. The Town issues a Land Use Permit ($50) after obtaining other permits and providing clerk treasurer with copies of documents.
NOTE: A mobile home/trailer MAY NOT be moved into the Town of Otter Creek until the building inspector – Fred Weber – has inspected and approved of the mobile home/trailer.
Need a Driveway Permit – contact Mark Warner – Town of Otter Creek Chairman – 715-658-1602
Need to burn – contact the Dunn County Sheriff’s Department – 715-232-1348 (non-emergency dispatch). Business office – 715-232-1564
TOWN OF OTTER CREEK –Town Hall – E5905 County Road S, Wheeler WI 54772
NOTICE OF OPEN BOOK MEETING
Monday, May 2, 2022 from 10 a.m. to 12 noon at the Otter Creek Town Hall
NOTICE OF BOARD OF REVIEW MEETING
Tuesday, May 10, 2022 from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Otter Creek Town Hall
Please see townofottercreek.com website and Town Hall door for complete Notice of Open Book and Board of Review
REGULAR TOWN BOARD MEETING
The regular town board meeting will be held Tuesday, May 10, 2022 at 7 p.m. at the Otter Creek Town Hall. Agenda: approval of minutes from the 4/19/2022 Annual & Town Board meeting; report from Patrolman on Road Work/Equipment; treasurer’s report; public comments; auditing of bills for payment. See Town of Otter Creek website for detailed agenda, items added to the agenda after publication of this notice will be posted at the town hall and on the town website, townofottercreek.com.
Beverly Bernier, Town Clerk Treasurer
NOTICE OF MEETING OF BOARD OF REVIEW AND OPEN BOOK
STATE OF WISCONSIN – Town of Otter Creek, Dunn County, Wisconsin
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Review for the Town of Otter Creek of Dunn County, Wisconsin, shall hold its first meeting on Tuesday, May 10, 2022 from 7 p.m.to 9 p.m., at the Town Hall at E5905 Co. Rd S Wheeler WI. NOTE: OPEN BOOK on Monday, May 2, 2022 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the Otter Creek Town Hall. Please be advised of the following requirements to appear before the board of review and procedural requirements if appearing before the board:
1. No person will be allowed to appear before the board of review, to testify to the board by telephone, or to contest the amount of any assessment of real or personal property if the person has refused a reasonable written request by certified mail of the assessor to view the property.
2. After the first meeting of the board of review and before the board’s final adjournment, no person who is scheduled to appear before the board of review may contact or provide information to a member of the board about the person’s objection, except at a session of the board.
3. The board of review may not hear an objection to the amount or valuation of property unless, at least 48 hours before the board’s first scheduled meeting, the objector provides to the board’s clerk written or oral notice of an intent to file an objection, except that upon a showing of good cause and the submission of a written objection, the board shall waive that requirement during the first 2 hours of the board’s first scheduled meeting, and the board may waive that requirement up to the end of the 5th day of the session or up to the end of the final day of the session if the session is less than 5 days with proof of extraordinary circumstances for failure to meet the 48-hour notice requirement and failure to appear before the board of review during the first 2 hours of the first scheduled meeting.
4. Objections to the amount or valuation of property shall first be made in writing and filed with the clerk of the board of review within the first 2 hours of the board’s first scheduled meeting, except that, upon evidence of extraordinary circumstances, the board may waive that requirement up to the end of the 5th day of the session or up to the end of the final day of the session if the session is less than 5 days. The board may require objections to the amount or valuation of property to be submitted on forms approved by the Department of Revenue, and the board shall require that any forms include stated valuations of the property in question. Persons who own land and improvements to that land may object to the aggregate valuation of that land and improvements to that land, but no person who owns land and improvements to that land may object only to the valuation of that land or only to the valuation of improvements to that land. No person may be allowed in any action or proceedings to question the amount or valuation of property unless the written objection has been filed and that person in good faith presented evidence to the board in support of the objections and made full disclosure before the board, under oath, of all of that person’s property liable to assessment in the district and the value of that property. The requirement that objections be in writing may be waived by express action of the board.
5. When appearing before the board of review, the objecting person shall specify in writing the person’s estimate of the value of the land and of the improvements that are the subject of the person’s objection and specify the information that the person used to arrive at that estimate.
6. No person may appear before the board of review, testify to the board by telephone, or object to a valuation if that valuation was made by the assessor or the objector using the income method of valuation, unless the person supplies the assessor with all the information about income and expenses, as specified in the assessor’s manual under s. 73.03 (2a), Wis. stats., that the assessor requests. The Town of Otter Creek has an ordinance for the confidentiality of information about income and expenses that is provided to the assessor under this paragraph that provides exceptions for persons using information in the discharge of duties imposed by law or the duties of their officer or by order of a court.* The information that is provided under this paragraph, unless a court determined that it is inaccurate, is not subject to the right of inspection and copying under s. 19.35 (1), Wis. stats.
7. The board shall hear upon oath, by telephone, all ill or disabled persons who present to the board a letter from a physician, surgeon, or osteopath that confirms their illness or disability. No other persons may testify by telephone.
8. No person may appear before the board of review, testify to the board by telephone, or contest the amount of any assessment unless, at least 48 hours before the first meeting of the board, or at least 48 hours before the objection is heard if the objection is allowed under s.70.47 (3) (a), Wis. stats., that person provides to the clerk of the board of review notice as to whether the person will ask for the removal of a member of the board of review and, if so, which member, and provides a reasonable estimate of the length of time the hearing will take.
Notice is hereby given this 16th day of April, 2022.
Beverly Bernier – Town of Otter Creek, Clerk/Treasurer
The Board of Review must meet for a minimum of 2 hours at its first session.
NOTICE TO TAXPAYERS -TOWN OF OTTER CREEK
The Dunn County Treasurer, 3001 US Hwy 12 East, Suite 102A, Menomonie WI 54751 will collect personal property and real estate taxes for ALL of the 2021 tax year. Payments can be made in person at the Dunn County Government Center, dropped off in their drop-box, or mailed in to them. Call 715-232-3789 for details. Please make checks payable to Dunn County Treasurer. First installment of real estate tax is due January 31, 2022. Second installment of real estate tax is due July 31, 2022. All personal property taxes are due in full by January 31, 2022. – Beverly Bernier, Clerk Treasurer, Town of Otter Creek